Saturday, May 11, 2013

A short note about how much I hate retro...

Can we please stop making ad's, images, collections, movies, TV, anything, everything... That are made to look like it's 1923,'33,'43,'53,'63,'73,'83,'93. It's 2013 and there are amazingly talented creative artists who are producing new work. Work born of ideas that are genuinely made of now and nothing but now. The money obsessed fashion and entertainment industries want you to buy that all that was amazing is in the past which is nonsense. Even a lot of my talented and very insightful friends doubt that there's anything revolutionary left in us. Don't you see that would defy all of human history? It's absurd. The line that comes to mind is from Richard Linklater's Dazed & Confused, " All I'm saying is that if I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life - remind me to kill myself. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

I crave your thoughts. You will give them to me...Now!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Design Matters

Total Pageviews